Mission, Goals and Board of Trustees
Dance Alive National Ballet (DANB) Board of Trustees is comprised of outstanding individuals who are devoted to the well being of the organization. they are responsible for the fiscal stability of the company and the healthy continuity of the company. They plan and implement fundraising activities and promote the company through community networking. In 2009, the Board of Trustees formed a volunteer organization, The Friends of Dance Alive, who assist the board in various functions. They work hand in hand with the administrative and artistic staff to bring about the following goals:
DANB aspires to enrich humanity by sustaining a professional ballet company of the highest caliber which strives for excellence in the fields of artistic creativity, performance, education and community leadership.
Maintain a resident professional ballet company that provides a superior performance experience to residents, students and visitors to North Central Florida.
- Support the implementation of Florida’s Division of Cultural Affairs strategic plan, Culture Builds Florida’s Future, and Alachua County Visitor and Convention Bureau objectives.
- Educate, inform and entertain children through productive and long-term partnerships with educational institutions.
- Develop and implement programs that serve disadvantaged youth, the elderly, handicapped and other at-risk persons.
- Expand the company base of operation to include Ocala and Lake City.
- Commit to an extended national and international tour schedule.
- Bring increased visibility to the world of dance.
- Create a fertile artistic environment where artists from all genres can grow and prosper.
- Ever enrich the creative spirit of the dance artist.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Gary A. Ascani VP Business Development, Nanotherapeutics
James Roberts Sr. VP General Counsel & Secretary Shands HealthCare
Weaver Gaines Trustee, Torrey Pines Institute for Molecular Studies
Executive Artistic Director
Kim Tuttle Executive/Artistic Director/ Co-owner Pofahl Studios
Lorie M. Gleim
Owner, Gleim Publications
Dean, College of The Arts, University of Florida
Director/CEO, Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
Executive Director, Cox Communications Central Florida Operations
AMERICAN DISABILITIES ACT COMMITTEE
Studio Photo Johnston Photography.